Peachtree Baptist Church seeks an intern for ministry with children and families for a minimum, renewable commitment of 8-10 hours weekly for one academic year. For seminarians, the church can structure the opportunity to meet your contextual ministry requirement. The internship provides a small stipend and pays for Godly Play core training in the Atlanta area. Deadline for application is Friday, August 26, 2016.
The intern will help the congregation, which has a small and growing number of children, develop and teach curriculum for ages 1.5 through 7, particularly for Sunday mornings. The internship will include bi-monthly mentoring with ministerial staff and lay leadership.
The intern will work with two of the church’s ministers and at least one congregational volunteer, using the fall to prepare for a January curriculum launch. Preparations will include:
- learning about the congregation
- exploring the Godly Play curriculum to adapt it for the congregation
- acquiring necessary resources or helping the congregation create them
- assisting with training of teachers
- assisting with inclusion of parents in the Godly Play experience
- teaching on Sunday mornings 2-3 times monthly (starting in January)
- other responsibilities as decided by intern in conjunction with ministerial staff, including assisting with Wednesday evening childcare and/or children’s curriculum
The church seeks applicants who have a heart for and experience with children’s ministry. Intern must be creative, resourceful, energetic and committed. If offered the internship, applicants must consent to a background check.
Peachtree Baptist Church is a historic congregation with a rich heritage and a promising future. Founded in 1847, the Church has worshipped on the same property for more than 150 years. Now located in the heart of Atlanta, our neighborhood is racially, ethnically, socially and economically diverse. Our congregation reflects that diversity, including especially a significant international population, which we in turn believe reflects the kingdom of God. We are committed to partnership in missions and ministry with other churches, particularly within the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship.
To apply please submit resume with cover letter to Leslie Brogdon, Minister to Families, at email@example.com or 770.235.3523. For additional questions, please contact Leslie or Jodi L. Porter, Chair of Discipleship, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 786.457.9430.